Ground water, Pesticides, Ashley County
Executive Summary. The Arkansas State Plant Board (ASPB) has completed a monitoring project in Ashley County, Arkansas. Twenty-nine samples from 23 wells were analyzed for 10 pesticides commonly used in Ashley County. The only detection was Metolachlor, at 0. 71 ug/L, in one well. When the well was subsequently resampled no pesticides were detected. Fifteen of the wells were also tested for nitrate. In one of the wells nitrate was measured at 10.3 mg/L. The other wells were all below 0.05 mg/L. Extensive quality assurance (QA) data collected during the project indicate that 94% of the pesticide data meet all EPA requirements for useable data. Though technically suspect, the remaining 6%--due to redundant quality control measures--are considered acceptable.
Nichols, Terry; Vendrell, Paul; and Steele, Kenneth. 1993. Completion Report: Arkansas State Pesticides in Ground Water Monitoring Project. Arkansas Water Resources Center, Fayetteville, AR. MSC136. 53